Vacation, work, surprise, vacation

Tuesday we had a mission leadership meeting and it went well, took a lot from it. We got pulled from our area early Monday morning to go to Kingston, to stay the night, and then have the meeting the next day... that was a little annoying but we managed and got fed. 😋 
Ok, now imagine you're working hard in a new area, trying to get used to all of the newness and  different circumstances. You love playing ping pong in the mornings and also being with the new friends you are making and then you get news that you're going back?... Back? Back where?... Back to Maypen!.. Wait, what!?
Yep, I am back in Maypen. That was my last area 2 weeks ago and I took Elder Wilson with me. There have been 4 sisters there and they are going to replace us in Mandeville. The weirdest thing is that this is only for 9 days, so by next Monday, most likely, we will be back in Mandeville. Dang it gets chaotic sometimes 😅. The last few days in Maypen have been filled with a lot of confused and excited looks from members and friends that I used to meet with. 
Alright so before we got moved I got to go to Montego Bay for exchanges with Elder Jacobs. It was a great time with him. We talked a lot about missionary things and I learned a lot from him. They have a truck there and that was a nice break for my legs! We were able to meet with a few members, one of which actually remembered me from over a year ago, so that was cool! Then at the other member visit, as we were finishing we heard a noise. Not knowing what it was we looked over, up this cliff, and see a pillar of black smoke... we ran up there to see what it was and it was a house engulfed in flames! It seems as though no one was hurt but the fire department got there quickly and it was put out. Elder Jacobs says things like that have been happening around them in Montego Bay, for what seems like all the time!
Pretty much I was everywhere else  other than Mandeville this week but that's how it goes sometimes and I'm just excited I'm being kept busy! There's always a lot of work to do and the mission has definitely helped me to be less stressed under pressure 🙃. Love you all!

-Elder Jensen 

Zoom meeting with Elder and Sister Thayne

Riding to Montego Bay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nov 30th

It's been a crazy 2 weeks!

Freeport, Grand Bahamas