General Conference!!!

I officially stayed awake for all 9 hours of the General Conference broadcast! For some it may not be a big accomplishment, and for others you may not even know what that is. Well it has been my fourth one on my mission so I hope by now I've explained it well enough but it's a weekend broadcast where we get to hear from Prophets and Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and its way cool! Don't worry about missing any of it because in a week or so we can all watch it back over whenever. I love General Conference! 

We were able to have a few friends and less active members meet us at the church to watch the broadcast and that was great. I'll say not the most reverent at times, but we are glad they got to see it! 

We also got to have interviews with our Mission President, President Odonkor. I love him and his wife, most of us call her Mommy, so much and it's always good to see them and the best when they help us out and give counsel. I've seen a lot of growth since I first met President Odonkor about 20 months ago. He talked to me about how both him and I are finishing up our full time missionary service soon and how we need to use that as motivation to keep us going! I loved that.

A lot of this week was visiting members. We just keep finding and meeting more brothers from church that haven't been in years! Looks like there's a lot of work cut out for us. We got a picture with two of them, Brother Gordon and Brother Johnson, both Rastas and both awesome! 

Anyway, I love you all and hope for you another good week! 

-Elder Jensen  

Me, Elder Gajadhar, Brother Gordon, and Brother Johnson holding our favorite books! (left to right)

Matthew and the missionaries watching General Conference

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nov 30th

It's been a crazy 2 weeks!

Freeport, Grand Bahamas