Wet and cool Mandeville

Alright well it rains more here in Mandeville than in May Pen so that's been a treat this week! I think just about everyday it's dumped rain and I no longer have a truck to take shelter in. Honestly, it has been a lot of fun and reminds me of past areas and times on my mission. 

The Branch here is way fun! We had Friday night activities and we played football for a bit. I was already sore from walking and then football did me over on the tiredness. I definitely slept well that night. Fun story though was that I slipped in the mud hard but popped back up and got around a kid with the ball and now some of the branch kids call me superman or Messi Jr. I haven't told them I'm actually not good at football yet 🤫
We also have this active, recently returned missionary who went out teaching with us and that was way sweet. He took us to teach some of his friends and some members in the area. He shared a lot of tips and actually said that he came back to Jamaica 3 weeks ago because he felt the Lord has something for him to do to help the work here. I really admire that faith and he has no idea how much of a support he has been to us and those in the branch. 
There are a lot of reasons to get down here in Mandeville because the church has been here the longest, out of all of Jamaica. It has the first organized unit but hasn't seen as much growth as it could have. However, me and my new companion, Elder Wilson, have seen how our exercise of faith has helped us to see God's hand in our area. We know God is with us and these people so we are here to keep working and seeing miracles. 
Also because Mandeville is "cooler" than most other areas in Jamaica we don't have AC. It's definitely cooler than my last area but it's still Jamaica and still gets hot so that's been fun! 😃 
Love you all!
-Elder Jensen


Taking Elders around for transfers pt 1

Taking Elders for transfers pt 2

Teaching with Brother Bailey in Java

Check wi fi chop ya yaad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nov 30th

It's been a crazy 2 weeks!

Freeport, Grand Bahamas